the new normal

I am completely overwhelmed
The smallest tasks are a constant, daily struggle
I have never been so sad
so hurt
so lost
....

I have so many questions:
Will this happen again?
Will my marriage make it through?
Who will I become?
Will I ever connect with the world again?
Can I connect with a baby again?
Will this pain ever subside?
Will this fear ever subside?

I need to look ahead
I'm making plans for the future
It's the only way I know how to move on forward
....

"Do you have any kids"
I never realized how often this gets asked to a married 20-something
I'm always tore between
"Not Yet" and "Not Anymore"
....

Not Yet says no.
Which feels true because I don't have any kids, right?
I can't comfortably say Not Yet
It feels like I'm pretending Eloise didn't exist
It feels like I am betraying her to say Not Yet

Not Anymore sounds like I'm a victim,
looking for sympathy
I am not.
I found that people respond to this better than I would have thought
They can choose to ask a follow up question, or leave it be
....

The hard part
besides everything
is that I want to talk about her
Even though her story ends sad, I still had a baby
A beautiful baby girl that I'm so proud of
....

Looking Ahead
I have a fully booked Summer
which may not have been the best idea
but it's what I need to do to force myself out of the house
Otherwise I would stay inside forever
becoming more and more afraid of the world
....

My truth
I am the mother of an angel
I am the mother of a beautiful baby girl
who gave me as many days as she could
before her heart stopped.

If love could have kept her alive,
Eloise would have lived forever.

Comments

Popular Posts