Now Where Was I...?

Life is cyclical, isn't it? The same things happen over and over again. But I can honestly say that I see the cycle and can almost plan for things to go awry. There's something comforting in knowing that things will the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Every so often I feel the urge to write down how my life is going. Here it is...

1. We have a baby girl on the way! She's due to arrive in early February. Who else feels that naming a child feels like the most important decision you will ever make?!

2. We moved! Our 1 bedroom, 1 bath house was just too small to host a baby, or to even fit a bassinette. So we moved into a bigger place with the hopes of buying something in the next year or so. Housing prices are a little crazy in the Bay Area but it's important to us to stay close to our families and our professional industries. I'd rather pay more and commute less.

4. Business is booming! I decided to cut back at my event planning job and ramp up my Mary Kay business. I still work 3 days a week in the office, but now I spend about 10 hours per week doing a job that I love and that makes me more money. I am not at the point that I can leave my other job entirely, but that's why we have goals, right? My dream is to stay home with my babies while still earning a paycheck that can significantly contribute to our household. Check it out here.

3. We hit a year! We made it through our first year of marriage. It started out great and amazing. Then we hit some black ice and went sliding... But we stuck together. We crashed together, we assessed the damage, and we repaired. The loss we suffered just a few months into marriage was unexpected and devastating for the both of us. The surgery recovery was harder than I thought it would be. It also took much longer than I expected to heal, both physically and emotionally. It was so important to both of us that we (I) heal completely before trying to have a baby again. And I can honestly say that my head is screwed on straight and I am absolutely ready for the bundle of joy coming our way!


Soule Domain dinner to celebrate our anniversary



Comments

Popular Posts